Next: External Names
Up: ScopesDeclarations, and
Previous: Scoped Identifiers
The scope of variable declarations and equates is defined in terms of
scoping units. This section contains a complete list of the scoping
units of Theta.
- From the start of a routine or type specification (9)
to its end.
- From the start of a module (10.1),
routine implementation (10.2), or class (10.4) to its end.
- From a for (8.8), do (8.8,8.7), begin (8.13), or
the then in a make statement (8.17)
to the matching end.
- From a then, elseif, or else in an if statement (8.6) to the end of the corresponding
- From a when or others in a tagcase
statement (8.11), typecase
statement (8.12), or except
statement (8.14) to the end of the corresponding
If one scoping unit overlaps another (textually), then one
is fully contained in the other. The contained scope is called a nested scope, and the containing scope is called a surrounding